Re: [Harp-L] San francisco must see for harmonica player.

In san francisco, check out our own Greg Heuman of Blows Me Away - everyone
raves about his harp mic and amp work, but he's a killer player and has a
great band (or did last time I was there). Check his website I'd guess.
Also check out a bar called The Saloon, there's always something crazy
going on there, cool place with a great vibe and that's where I always see
Michael Peloquin. While you're in that north beach area, check out The Beat
Museum and a bar called Vesuvio's that Kerouac, Ginsberg and that crew used
to hang out in, and a great restaurant called The Stinking Rose (garlic
theme, great meat loaf) and also Buster's Cheesesteaks (unreal after a long
night out).

In vegas, check out Scott Rhiner & the Moaning Blacksnakes, great blues
band but no harp player last I heard them.

For both, or any place, google their blues societies and get the local
calendar and contacts from their websites to find out the jams, bands,
happenings, etc.

Bill Hines