Re: [Harp-L] re: a bluegrass experience

One of the best parts of SPAH 2011 for me was to visit and play at the bluegrass jam at the Farmer's Market in Virginia Beach. Tom and Carole McCraig provided information about the local scene. Cara Cooke, Tim Noone, Bill Thompson and I played for almost 3 hours with an impromptu group that was just setting up when we got there. Although the "sound of freedom" (Navy jets at NAS Oceana) occasionally drowned out the music, everybody had a good time. At the end, we received a great compliment from one of the other musicians: he stated that we had restored his faith that harmonicas could be used to play bluegrass music. We were warmly invited back to participate at any time. THAT is what tells you that you did good in a bluegrass jam!

Many, many thanks to my friends Tom and Carole McCraig, Cara Cooke, Tim Noone, and Bill Thompson for making my first SPAH bluegrass experience so wonderful!

And that was just one evening out of a whole week of wonderful experiences and memories at SPAH 2011!

Crazy Bob