Re: [Harp-L] During practice - Play along with that tune .. Keys?

When I started playing I would just ask anyone and everyone in my line of site, that got old real quick. Next I tried using a small Korg chromatic guitar tuner to see what note came up most, gave up on that pretty quick to. What has helped me the most was a simple chromatic pitch pipe, if you block one ear while playing along with the song you can narrow it down very quickly. Of course lot's of practice and patience will always pay off as well. The only music theory I have is stamped on the end of my harps.
Good luck and welcome to Harp-L

________________________________
From: Mw Fitz <tidewalk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:08 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] During practice - Play along with that tune .. Keys?

This has probably been asked and answered a good many times before? Anyway, since I'm new here I
thought I would ask. Say I hear some tune being played and I want to play along. How do
I find out what key they are playing in? Thank You! Just a song for an example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qerg0LyLi6c&feature=fvst