Fwd: [Harp-L]Jonathan Edwards WAS a bluegrass experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-BOFnXiQMs

Shanty (Harp Rack)

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Richard Hunter" <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:53:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L]Jonathan Edwards WAS a bluegrass experience

"Hellerman, Steven" wrote:
<Thanks for the trip back, hadn't listened to these tunes from Jonathan
<Edwards in over thirty years. (Made me wanna go dig up "Lay Around the
<Shanty".)
<
<But: Do you really think he's playing on a rack, while also playing
<guitar? Maybe in a live performance, but these are studio cuts (i.e.,
<laying down tracks). If it is indeed harp on a rack while also playing
<guitar..... wow.

I haven't checked out this clip, but Jonathan Edwards is in fact one of the very best rack harp players I've ever heard. I'm awed by what he can do with a harp on a rack while playing guitar. I can't play harp on a rack that well when I have nothing else going on.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick