[Harp-L] Rack

Richard wrote:........
Whenever I use a rack, I fight with the thing.............I saw  device called a "harp lock" while looking around.  It seems like a
good concept - has anybody tried one, and what do you think?

  Never heard of the harp lock. Can you provide a URL or more info?
  What brand of rack to you use?  Whenever the harp rack subject comes up, posters point to the Rolls Royce of racks, which
would undoubtedly solve your problems: Sonnenschein or the Ergonomic Neck Rack, which is now made and sold by one of our very
own brother Harp-L'ers, Chris Reynolds, iirc.  But also very popular in the consensus is the rack that I now use. To me is
the Cadillac. It's now called the K&M Pro Heavy Duty Harmonica Holder, model 416. At the bottom of this page is a picture
at Rockin' Ron's online store (in the USA),selling for $29:
http://rockinronsmusic4less.com/content/harps/accessories/harp_holder.php .
  The Pro 416 is padded, has strong springs, folds flat, and has big thumbscrews (instead of wing nuts like my old rack)
that hold the arms very securely without slippage. The K&M Pro model 416 doesn't need any protuberances jutting out to
prevent the harp from slipping out like their other two models.
ron - FL Keys