[Harp-L] Re: Madcat's harp holder (was Rack)

Ron wrote:
QUOTE
Bob wrote: I prefer Peter "Madcat" Ruth's approach: Modify a microphone
stand to hold your harps in playing position. That way you can go back and
forth between vocal mic and harp ... as here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRuztM09vn8&feature=plcp&context=C311a767UDOEgsToPDskIEnw-1EkKuBtFM9-c-5Z6h
The picture in this vid is better than the vid that Madcat sent the other
day, but it's still not clear enough to explain how one modifies a mic
stand to
accept the binder clip which holds the harp.  Can u pls elaborate?
 TIA.UNQUOTE
---
My reply:
I think a link to something explaining that was posted in an earlier thread
but can't find it now ... in my case, I have an old gooseneck mic stand
that I simply duct-taped a large metal paper clip to ... it seems to work
fine, but it would probably be better to actually solder the clip to the
stand. Also, you may want to attach a piece of plywood to the bottom of the
mic stand to add stability. And it occurs to me that ideally, this could be
part of a stomp box! Instant one-man band!

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA