RE: [Harp-L] sonnyjr amp cost

I haven't done any specific comparisons but I would guess that Sonny Jr amp would not depreciate as quickly or as much as many mass-produced amplifiers, so they probably do hold their value and depreciate less than others. As an example, Toyotas tend to hold their value more than Kias -- they depreciate but not as quickly. As for the 1990 Bassman, in truth, that didn't hold it's value either. For one, it surely wouldn't have sold for $650 right after purchase, and more than likely lost value over the next few years, before climbing back to the purchase price. But in actuality, $650 today does not equal $650 in 1990, so the reality of it is than the amp is still worth less than it was when new.
What remains to be seen is whether used Sonny Jrs. will climb back up in value after some time. To use another automobile analogy, classic muscle cars have gone through the roof in value, because they were great cars, are no longer made, and are not in great supply. One day, those same three criteria will apply to Sonny Jr. amps.

Scott