RE: [Harp-L] Sweet Georgia Brown a la Aebersold

Winslow is of course correct -
also, IMO, that chord should be stated as C7(#9)
the "+" is usually reserved to mean augmented

Jamey Aebersold has a long standing practice of not stating chord extensions in the blowing changes.
I would imagine that this is to help students keep their focus on the basic functions of the changes.

As for harmonica on this song: I would suggest 12 position on a C diatonic, as that is similar to playing it in F on a C chromatic.
Have fun, this song is a good workout! - and Amaing Slowdowner does rock, especially the paid version- just a satisfied customer!

Michael Peloquin
The West Coast Harmonica Summit DVD has been released:

http://www.jazzharmonicasummit.com/

http://www.amazon.com/West-Coast-Jazz-Harmonica-Summit/dp/B003UL1BPY

It was an amazing night of harmonica, and now you can witness it even if you weren’t there! Buy your copy today!
http://harpsax.com

Elizabeth H. posts: