[Harp-L] walter tore's spontobeat

Hi Brian:  thanks for that note!   The 1 man band is a great thing.  It is a trip how the universe works.  My first real musical experience with another person came when wilbert harrison pulled his caddy over and forced me into his car as I walked down south orange ave in vailsburg blowing my harp.  He put me in his band, which was a 1 man band.  Now almost 40 years later I am back to the root of my musical journey.  I no longer am dependent on anyone to make my music and controlling the recording process makes it one completely contained package.  Over the years keeping a good band intact and getting a recording I was happy with was always a struggle.  Plus doing it all in real time allows me to drift to anyplace I want with time, chord changes, etc.   Playing with others makes you think alot of the time.  My music only works without thinking and being the only one in the world doing what I has sort of forced me into becoming a
 completely self contained package.   the music industry has never accepted what I do.  Players helping me with gigs/promoting spontobeat and some cool clubs  supported me most of my career.  It is a lonely road but a great one because I have no competition :-)    If someone else out there is spontaneously creating all their words and music as they go along everytime they play, I would love to know about it.   Walter

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=157137

This guy has a good rhythm section- two hands and two feet.
That means only one mouth to feed and he has a harp in that when he is not singing.

Impressive to my ears, it sounds tight.

Walter Gloshinski is pretty cool.

Best regards,

Brian