RE: [Harp-L] Sweet Georgia Brown a la Aebersold

Winslow, your advice was golden, as usual.

Phil, I don't have The Amazing Slow-Downer, but I do have a cheap-o voice recorder that can play back at 3/4 and 1/2 speed.  The sound quality isn't great, but it was adequate to answer the question.  (It's Gm7b5, not Gm7, in case anyone else is wondering.)

Michael P., I'm going to be working on it with my teacher (Michael Rubin), so there's a fair chance that I/we will start on chromatic, move to diatonic, and learn it in all 12 keys (and numerous positions on diatonic) before we're through.  But I will leave those decisions in Michael R.'s capable hands.

I dunno if I'll be able to do it AT SPEED in all keys/positions.  Time (and tenacity, or lack thereof) will tell.

Oh, and hat-tip to Joe Zeppi for suggesting this tune.

Thanks to all for the guidance and encouragement.

Elizabeth (scampering back into the woodshed)