Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic and Diatonic harp volume....

It seems to me that some diatonic harmonicas are much louder than some
chromatic harmonicas. I have found 4 octave chromatic harmonicas (mostly) leak
air more than 3 octave instruments. My 3 octave Renaissance chromatic
harmonica, built for me by the late Douglas Tate and Bobbie Giordinno, is  as
loud as any diatonic... It also leaks air very little. My 4 octave Hohner
Larry Adler Professional leaks like a sieve, and is really not loud at all.
That  is one reason when playing chromatic I chose to play 3 octave chromatic
harmonicas.
Also, I have a few Koch diatonic "Richter tuned" 10 hole harmonicas, these
are without windsavers (valves) and also leak a lot of air, and are really
quite  quiet!
Just my 2c worth...

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in Scotland.
_http://johnwalden.freevar.com_ (http://johnwalden.freevar.com)

In a message dated 2/26/2012 3:38:56 A.M. GMT Standard Time,