RE: [Harp-L] Diatonic v Chromatic in the decibel stakes

Ha, Rick's bunker busters are good and loud, as I witnessed first hand at the NHL festival in Bristol last October. So are XB40s, which are considerably louder than any other standard diatonic or chrom I've ever come across. For Christmas this year my dear wife bought me (under duress) Tombo Band tremolos in D and G, and I've found them to be surprisingly good at cutting through in our not-very-quiet sessions.
Our chaps allow me to use, judiciously, a little battery amp (a Roland Mobile Cube, used with a Microvox harp mic), but that's only after years of my carefully observing protocol...   ;-)  I don't need it with XB40s or those Tombo tremolos and I wouldn't dream of taking that gear to a "foreign" session.