[Harp-L] Plugged nose (external device, not allergy-caused)

On Dec 31, 2011, at 12:36 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

However, the potential problem in using such an external device is in
coming to rely on it instead of on your own internal capabilities.

true, that danger exists, and experience tells me that people laugh at chromatic players who keep a clothespin on their nose during gigs. Temporarily closing your nose gives you a quick path to getting the Feel for what you'll want to be doing unplugged (as in "a feel is worth a thousand words").... Also, it's really handy to be able to breathe thru your nose at various times, in both directions, unnoticed, while you play ...you can get extra air for upcoming flashes of genius, dump air if you're playing in D, which is a sucky key...

happy new year. I can't wait to see the Hohner float tomorrow at the Rose Bowl Parade...

I'll post photos soon.........