[Harp-L] Reducing microphone noise on chromatic

Regarding your problem with breath noise with chromatic using a Fireball V,
I am a little puzzled.  I am a fan of the Fireball for acoustic chromatic
and diatonic, and cup the mic.  I play fairly hard, and have used this mic
a lot over several years.  I have not noticed any significant breath noise
while playing chromatic or diatonic harp with this mic through PAs, and no
one has mentioned hearing it.

I have had a problem with plosives when singing through it, and have
learned to sing across the top of it rather than straight into it.
Assuming that you cup the mic, I would suggest trying altering the position
of the mic as you cup it to minimize the breath sound.  If you play with
the mic in a stand, try playing across the top of the mic with the mic
angled up at 45 degrees, rather than directly into it.

One last thought:  you could try changing the EQ settings to minimize the
breath noise you are hearing.  A multiband EQ would be best, but you may
improve things with the 3 EQ controls you have on the Roland.

Doug S.