[Harp-L] Harmonica & Drum Clinic & Performance in Philly this Sat 1/14/12 (and Namm)

Hi Harp-lers,

This is for our Philly area.... I will conduct a Harmonica Clinic This Saturday January 14th, 2012
3-6pm at THE TWISTED TAIL a Blues Club in Old Towne Philadelphia

It Includes a Saturday Night Performance by Rob's Quartet
for the evening show at 9pm The band is:
Rob Paparozzi, Bernard Purdie with Andy Lalasis (Bass) and Jon Pruit (Piano & Vocals)

My partner and legendary drummer, Bernard Purdie will do a Drum Clinic as well at that time,,,details are on my website:
www.robpaparozzi.com

if your not familiar with Mr. Purdie, read on!,-)

BERNARD PURDIE - Drums was born June 11, 1939 in Elkton, Maryland as the eleventh of fifteen children. Purdie began already as a six-year-old to bang out rhythms on improvised equipment. At 14 years of age he purchased his first real drum set and became the most important provider for the family - earning his pay with country and carnival bands. This "schooling" enabled Purdie to "feel my way into nearly every kind of music, 'cause I had to know all styles and was never afraid to try something new." Purdie moved to New York in 1960 after finishing high school and played with (among others), Lonnie Youngblood before landing his first hit with King Curtis. This led to his engagement with Aretha Franklin in 1970 - the beginning of an unparalleled career. Since then, Purdie has been a regular guest in the studios of the stars of Jazz, Soul, and Rock, working together with Paul Butterfield as well as Larry Coryell, Miles Davis, Hall & Oates, Al Kooper, Herbie Mann, Todd Rundgren and Cat Stevens, as well as regularly producing his own solo albums under his own name. Liner Notes from Purdie "Soul To Jazz." 3-96. With Brecker Brothers, ACT Music & Vision GMBH. Which musician did Aretha Franklin definitely NOT want missing from the line-up when she recorded her most inspired albums at the beginning of the seventies Who provided the back-beat for Steely Dan's "Aja", and for whom have Isaac Hayes, Donny Hathaway, B.B. King, "Sweet" Lou Donaldson, Joe Cocker and Hank Crawford reserved that stool behind the drum kit? The list is incomplete, it must be, because no other drummer in the last three decades has seen the interior of a recording studio as often as Bernard "Pretty" Purdie. Purdie a native of Elkton, Maryland has laid down the beat on over 3000 albums to date.

This January I will be at The SUZUKI Harmonica Booth at The NAMM show from 1/18 to 1/21. I will perform with Bernard Purdie at NAMM with Bernard Purdie and Dr. Lonnie Smith on Organ and Mike Peloquin on Tenor Sax with many more great players....

all the best,
Rob Paparozzi