[Harp-L] Canon in D

Hi,

I wanted to share a recording I made tonight, playing guitar and chromatic
harp.

I recorded both parts into GarageBand on a Mac. The guitar part was mic'd
with a MXL 990 routed thru an M-Audio device plugged into my USB. The
harmonica was recorded into a snowball Blue mic, also plugged into USB. I
added a little reverb using the defaults provided by GarageBand.  I'm
definitely an amateur when it comes to recording, but I'm happy with what I
can get using out of the box solutions like this. My harps are Super
Chromonica Deluxe and Suzuki SCX-48, on this recording I used the Hohner.

I'm studying guitar pretty seriously right now, working on a recital for
sometime next year. Once that is done, I figure I will be skilled enough to
make my own backing tracks and arrangements, and then try and record tunes
like the one linked to here - I've got a big stack of flute/guitar
arrangements and really looking forward to the day when I can start digging
in. I'm heavily inspired by years of listening to both Bonfiglio and Tommy
Reilly, and a love of classical guitar. I don't know their secrets for good
tone, but maybe someday I will get a chance to learn from Robert (there was
going to be a seminar in Southern California next month, boo that it had to
be cancelled :-(

Anyway, here is a sample of where I am now.
http://soundcloud.com/slogan621/canon-in-d

Regards,

syd