Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Service Videos, Toolset

Hohner have for years and years been absolutely  dreadful at any kind  of
customer support, & over the years they have always been  REALLY less than
helpful to me, as one of their premier customers, and to  most of the other
professional musicians who I know, as well. They simply seem  to simply
despise the folks who buy dozens and dozens of their  instruments! I DO NOT KNOW
WHY!
They really have screwed me to the wall,  over the years!    But now with
Steve Baker, already a  GREAT musician in his own  right, and also with the
splendid Michael Timler, working on their  team, perhaps, things simply might
be getting better? I use Hohner harmonicas,  because, I haven't ever found
any better harmonicas!
Even Doug Tate with Bobbie Giordino used Hohner "Mellow Tone" plates for
their fantastic Renaissance chromatic  harmonica. Probably the best concert
harmonica EVER. (That I play every day)... And the MASTER, Dr Antony
Dannecker  uses Hohner read plates for his wonderful "Dannecker Blues" diatonic
harps  too. I play those every day too!
I don't LIKE Hohner!, they have messed me up, over the years,and they have
NEVER helped me.  BUT they still build (probably) the best  harmonicas.
So more than 95% of my harps are Hohner harps... I don't like the company,
but do I like the musical instruments that they supply.
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Professional harmonicist,
Just now in South Africa.
_http://johnwalden.freevar.com_ (http://johnwalden.freevar.com)

In a message dated 1/16/2012 8:49:38 P.M. South Africa Standard Time,