Re: [Harp-L] Harp amps and mics for a beginner

Depends what you want to do!
If you want a cheap amp to get a "Chicago" sort of sound, get the cheapest
Pignose. Solid state, but it sounds ok to me... Or just use a karaoke
machine.  You do NOT need to spend a fortune.
The SOUND comes from you...
And no you do NOT need to be amped to "submit lessons for  critique"...
The main reason to be amped is to be heard above ... For example... an
electric guitar. But of course, the amplifier does make a big difference to the
 sound of your music.
Best of luck!
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in South Africa.

In a message dated 1/20/2012 10:52:24 P.M. South Africa Standard Tim,