[Harp-L] David Naiditch's new Gypsy Jazz CD

Today is my birthday (54). I've been away for work for a few days, and came home last night via the Brendan Power and Tim Edey show in Newtown Sydney.

This morning, wearing a new birthday shirt from my wife, I looked at the mail which arrived while I was away. On top was a international package with David's name on it. I guessed the contents, his new Gypsy Jazz CD "Douce Ambiance Gypsy Jazz Classics"

It's on as I write this.

This CD will join my small regular rotation pile, as opposed to the much larger played once put aside pile. David plays well, really really well. I already knew this from his earlier work. He also has stellar music companions, Pat Cloud on 5 string banjo, and in particular, Gonzalo Bergara on lead and rhythm guitar.

It takes more than good execution to reach me. There must be something else, a place where the player transcends technical difficulties and expresses the joy of the music. David gets it here. The result is excellent, ridiculously tight, but highly listenable. A great CD.

Do yourself a favour. Visit http://www.davidnaiditch.com/DavidNaiditch/Recordings.html and have a listen. Then send some dollars David's way and get the CD.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com