[Harp-L] Re: Personal Monitor

We here at www.megatoneamps.com offer a 2-10 monitor inspired by David Barrett. It is a slanted monitor designed to plug in the extra "speaker out" on the back of your amp.  You can also unplug your amp speakers and use just the wedge monitor instead of your amp speakers.  It works really well for harp players who have to do constant battle with loud bands.  There is a video on our site with David demoing the wedge monitor.
David actually came up with the idea for this monitor about a year ago and asked us to build it.  At first I was little scepticle, but after we built and tested it in a "live" band situation, I was convinced.  What I found was that --because I had the monitor pointing directly at my heard, in front of me--My stage volume actually decreased from where I would have normally have had the volume set.  The monitor comes packed with 2-10" speakers .
Normally........I tell the soundman at gigs to NOT put any harp in the monitor, but somehow this is totally different and I wouldn't have beleived that it was going to work if I hadn't seen it work with my own eyes and ears.  I have tested the wedge monitor with  it in front of me, to my side, and on the floor in back of me. n  All with the same results.  It just makes it easier to hear yourself, PERIOD !
It's a great sollution to an age old problem.
Wezo
www.megatoneamps.com
www.bluesworldorder.com