[Harp-L] Re: Stephane Grapelli

I had the pleasure of seeing Stephane perform with Bucky Pizzarelli perhaps a year or more before he died.

He had to be helped to the stage but once there he played like a young man. Part way through the set he moved over to the grand piano and played several songs. The man had chops and was as fluent on
piano as he was on violin.

The following morning I had the opportunity to take Stephane and his bassist (I don't recall his name) to the airport. We talked about Toots and he said he just recorded a cd with him. It wasn't released at that point. At the airport the bassist had a wheel chair brought out so Stephane could easily move through the terminal.

Upon saying goodbye, for some strange reason, when he brought his hand up to shake mine I bent over and kiss his hand like he was the pope. We both laughed.

Yeah, Stephane was cool. :)