Re :[Harp-L] PA systems

"Bruce K Ritter" wrote:
<I'm wondering about an inexpensive PA system and looking for suggestions.
<I'd prefer a two speaker/stereo setup, and 10 inch or bigger speakers.  Of
<course, it should be free and wash my harps for me too....

Bruce, my advice is to go to musiciansfriend.com or americanmusical.com and look at the PA systems on offer there.  The user reviews will tell you everything you need to know about how well particular systems work and how reliable they are.  Packages that include a powered mixer and passive speakers run from $200 up, depending on power level, number of inputs, etc.; I doubt you'll find anything for free, but the pricier ones will certainly wash your harps for you...

As an alternative to a traditional PA system, consider a pair of powered PA speakers with a small standalone mixer.  One advantage of that setup is that you can take one of the speakers to a gig all by itself if that's all you need.  However, it will be pricier than a comparably powered PA system with a powered mixer and passive speakers.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick