[Harp-L] N.O.L.A. harmonica

   I'm surprised Harvey Berman hasn't responded to this.  He's down there
and is an excellent source for all things harmonica in the Big Easy.  Try
his website:  www.harveyharp.com.  Or I would try Smoky Greenwell, a fine
harpist who gigs all over town in several bands.  Either his website (
www.smokygreenwell.com) or check out his stall in the French Market in the
French Quarter.  He sells harmonicas and a slew of other stuff.  If Smoky
is manning his stall, he'd be a good source of info.  There are a number of
fine harpists down there, Jumpin' Johnny Sansone immediately comes to
mind.  Jason Ricci was down there for awhile, but it sounds like he may
have moved on.
   Whatever hotel you find yourself in will usually have a free newspaper
with all the entertainment listed.  You didn't ask but if you're looking
for food joints, I usually hit the New Orleans board on the Chowhound site
( http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/9).  Best places recommended by the
people who live and eat there.

Mick Zaklan