Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Facebook vs privacy issues

Interesting. Having been stalked twice, I don't put anything online with my
real name attached.

One of the big draws, from what friends try to explain to me when they try
to convince me to sign up, is that it's really easy to find people on
Facebook. Somewhere there's a mental disconnect between what they know
about my experiences and their wanting me to make myself easy to find.

Anyway, if someone wants to make their information available to
individuals, commercial interests and even data mining companies who then
correlate that info and resell it to others, that's a completely valid
choice for them.