From: Tom Watson <fountain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Steve Molitor <stevemolitor@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; jon kip <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Sep 21, 2015 10:35 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] driving while practicing...or vice versa

I never hold the harp with both hands while driving -- I need one hand free fortexting. Sent from Tom Watson,s iPhone.> On Sep 21, 2015, at 5:46 PM,Steve Molitor <stevemolitor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > I used to play whiledriving. I did it with no incident for years.> > Then one day I totalled mycar while playing. I ran a red light and hit a> car in the intersection. Myeyes saw the red light, but it didn't register> with my mind because I was sointo the lick I was working on. It was scary,> and totally my fault.Fortunately no one was hurt. I didn't mention the> harmonica to the officer; Ijust said I was distracted.> > So now I don't play and drive anymore.> >Steve> > PS the harmonica was OK> >> On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 1:34 PM,jon kip <jon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>> >> It's Sunday, one of our cats is sick,needs antibiotics, and the vet's>> branch office, open today, is two hoursaway.>> >> I will be, for the first time, attempting to practice chromaticharmonica>> during the trip.>> >> I will be using a Hohner deluxe 270,normal-tuning, (configured for a>> right handed player, with a blue Power Comb) and will take a few spares>> with me in case any bits of the donuts andcashews I'll be eating find>> themselves inside my instrument. (Drinking beercan only do so much to>> cleanse the mouth.)>> >> I have been a long-timefollower of David Naiditch, who has long been a>> serial vehicularpracticer.>> >> For those of you who live near Los Angeles, and who may bein my way, I'll>> be leaving soon,(11:30 AM) and will take the 170 to the  210all the way to>> Redlands, CA.>> >> I'll be home by four, latest, and youcan resume normal, carefree driving>> at that point.>> >> Ok, let's seewhat happens....those of you who are surreptitiously reading>> this in churchon an iPhone, with bowed head,    pretending  to be>> transfixed by PastorBob's Sunday Sermon, as long as you're there, you>> might consider a prayer inmy direction. (East on the 210)>> >> thanks>> >> >> jk>> >> >>>> jon kip>> jon@xxxxxxxxxx>> >> >> >> >>