[Harp-L] Fender steel reed harmonicas? Not the Popper model.

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Mon Jan 29 04:08:54 EST 2018

I was watching a video from the 2015 NAMM show, when they introduced
their $99 John Popper signature harmonica (a rebranded Seydel Session
Steel with different coverplates) and the Fender rep was hyping another
steel reed harmonica with a $99 price that had steel reeds but a sealed
wooden comb and traditional style coverplates.

Fender doesn't list the Popper harp on their website anymore, though
it's still available from some distributors, so I think that endorsement
deal is done, but I don't recall ever seeing those other Fender
harmonicas with steel reeds offered for sale?

Were they just vaporware that were never actually sold?