[Harp-L] Lee Oskar natural minor harp designation

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Mon Jan 21 08:23:49 EST 2019

Robert Piscura wrote:
First of all thanks to all of you that told me about natural minor tuned
harps. One question I have a Lee Oskar Natural Gm harp that is also marked
2nd Gm(N) I know what that means. On the other end its marked 1st Cm (d.)
What does the (d) mean? I've found that this harp can sound good with Gm
AND Cm songs just curious about the (d.)
****
I suspect that the (d) refers to "dorian", the minor mode of that harp in
first position.  The "Natural" minor scale has a flatted 3rd, 6th, and
7th.  The Dorian mode has a natural 6th.  Flip a natural minor scale on its
side and get a Dorian...

Thanks, Richard Hunter

Check out Richard Hunter's 21st Century rock harmonica masterpiece "The
Lucky One" at https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)