[Harp-L] Famous Harmonica Players?

Aongus Mac Cana amaccana@xxxxx
Mon Jan 28 09:54:42 EST 2019

Thanks for your response Rick

I am not making a comparison between chromatic and diatonic. I love them both. I was trying to reflect the attitude that prevailed when I was first made aware of the “mouth organ” for which harmonica was just a posh name. We were informed that “serious musicians” would only consider the chromatic.

I can understand your preference for Tommy Reilly. He always sounded sweeter and purer to me. He came across as a gentle and pleasant personality, but Adler seemed to push the boundaries a bit further.

Beannachtai

Aongus

From: Rick Dempster [mailto:rickdempster33 at xxxxx]
Sent: 26 January 2019 18:40
To: Aongus Mac Cana
Cc: Harp-L List
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Famous Harmonica Players?

I prefer Tommy to Larry, frankly Aongus. I have a beautiful recording of him with Indian harpist

Skaila Kanga.

Frankly, I don't like comparison between diatonic and chromatic; makes as much sense to

be as comparing penny-whistle to flute. I like both instruments, but thay ar completely different.

RD