[Harp-L] "Bluesette" from the 2009 Jazz Harmonica Summit

Slim Heilpern slim@xxxxx
Sun Sep 22 18:46:52 EDT 2019

No jazz harmonica summit would be complete without a performance of Toots Thieleman's brilliant and beautiful composition "Bluesette" (lyrics by Norman Gimbel). This is another of the cuts from the bonus section of the 2009 West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit DVD, this one featuring Penny Hanna on bass and vocals and myself on looping guitar and harmonica:

https://youtu.be/7hOToEIZRjg <https://youtu.be/7hOToEIZRjg>

I'm posting these cuts in honor of the 10th anniversary of this fun event that I had the pleasure to produce here in Santa Cruz. The blowout sale of the DVD continues until they're gone ($3 for domestic orders, details at http://jazzharmonicasummit.com <http://jazzharmonicasummit.com/>).

- Slim