[Harp-L] Stevie Wonder FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Wed Sep 23 13:45:32 EDT 2020

Slim wrote: " Richard's book is great and I highly recommend it, but so is
his advice to work it out yourself."

1) Thanks!
2) Yes, it's powerful to work out those solos for yourself.  For me the
most important benefit that came from writing "Jazz Harp" was the wonderful
stuff I learned from doing those transcriptions (and then transposing the
solos into 12 keys).  But I've benefitted as well from transcriptions done
by others--looking at a transcription while you listen to the recording
makes many things clear that were previously unknown.

Thanks, RH

--
Check out Richard Hunter's new 21st Century blues release "Blue Future"
and the 21st Century rock harmonica masterpiece "The Lucky One" at Amazon

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)