[Harp-L] Cultural appropriation.

Jim Lee jlee54@xxxxx
Tue Jun 1 13:43:37 EDT 2021

Polar opposite thinking (with strawman arguments no less!).

Getting back to the subject of the original post, cultural
"appropriation" is universal.

All cultures borrow from the cultures around them.  That's how cultures
are formed.

Can only Irish people play Irish Traditional Dance Music?  Can only
Jamaicans play Reggae?  Are the blues culturally appropriated because
they have roots in Africa?

It's like the people who cry about the nasty European settlers who took
over the land of America from the native Indians.  Yet they fail to
acknowledge that every nation on earth was formed by conquering the
people who were there before them.  As if the Americans were doing
something new.