[Harp-L] New book by Glenn Weiser - The Celtic Harmonica Encyclopedia, Vol. 1: Airs, Waltzes, and Mazurkas (Mel Bay)

Glenn Weiser banjoandguitar100@xxxxx
Thu Apr 11 10:32:17 EDT 2024

Hello everyone-

I’m pleased to announce the publication of my latest book,"The Celtic Harmonica Encyclopedia, Vol. 1: Airs, Waltzes, and Mazurkas"(Mel Bay Publications). This is the first volume of a four-part collection ofover 200 Irish and Scottish dance tunes and airs arranged for standard Richterand Paddy Richter tuned 10-hole diatonic harmonicas. Volume One contains 37famous Celtic airs, laments, mazurkas, and waltzes including “Danny Boy”, “TheLast Rose of Summer”, “The Minstrel Boy”, “Macpherson’s Farewell”, “AnnieLaurie”, and many others. The book includes standard notation in the originalkeys, harmonica tab, guitar chords, and downloadable audio files of the tunes.There is also an instructional section explaining all the techniques you’llneed to know to play traditional music on harmonica. The three forthcomingvolumes will include jigs and marches, reels and polkas, and hornpipes and harptunes.

Copies are available from me (signed by me if you wish)by sending a check for $24 to me at PO Box 258, Enfield CT, 06083. Priceincludes postage and handling. You can also order copies of the book on Amazonhere (Kindle edition also available.)

https://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Harmonica-Encyclopedia-Waltzes-Mazurkas/dp/1513477226

Glenn Weiser
Harmonica author and teacher
Email: banjoandguitar100 at xxxxx
Web: www.celticguitarmusic.com
CallSend SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype