Re: [Harp-L] "used" harp/what to do to sanitize?

I've heard second hand that Joe Filisko says to use mouthwash. To never sanitize your harmonica with anything you would put in your mouth, Makes sense to me. Good Luck
Jon

Several replies to my earlier post. Harp comments but nothing re: sanitizing a used harp. A member of another harp list is sending me a "C" Herring Vintage. He says he hasn't played it for months and only a few times and not much then. However, i'd like to be safe. What should I do to the harp before putting it in my mouth? (a harp condom? Ha!)

A pro harp player said to rub alcohol all over the external surfaces.

Someone else said to completely take the harp apart and clean it that way. I don't want to (or know how) to do that. Especially, since i'm the type who can sometimes take things apart, but NEVER gets them reassembled properly!

Will the alcohol do it? I don't know if we have any doctors on this list.

Sincerely,

Bry (Indiana)