RE: [Harp-L] Hering is here, now to clean...

Eric: >Gee, Bry - you might want to be very careful cleaning the inside of a harp with a Q-Tip - >the cotton fibres inevitibly get stuck between the reed and the slot - and temporarily disable the >note.

"Q-Tips" are cotton wool buds, eh? A long time ago I used one of those dipped in alcohol to "clean" a reed-plate and it took me a good half-hour to extricate all the tiny threads of cotton that became lodged up at the rivet ends. There should be a health warning on those things for harmonica players as strong as the ones on food labels warning about nut content. Heed Eric's wise words, Bry!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
http://harmonicapics.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Hear clips from my CD at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm