Re: [Harp-L] Yahoo Groups vs regular email list questions

Tim Moyer writes:
In the past it always seemed to drop a few posts from a few people (unfortunately, in the past it seemed that Chris Michalek's posts were dropped), but that seems to be remedied now. Of course, you don't know what you don't know, but I don't see those fragments of threads with no heads they way I used to.

As the Yahoo archive grew in size we reached the size limit and had problems with disappearing posts. Something at Yahoo has since changed and we just lose the stuff off of the bottom of the stack. Changing IP's has also helped. We have functioning reverse dns and no mismatch between our IP address and domain name. In short we look a lot more legit these days.

Regarding the archive on Yahoo, it has been edited occasionally. I removed a very ugly political off topic exchange and I also will remove accidental duplicate posts. Someone posted personal information once, that got removed to preserve their privacy. Very little if any content editing occurs on the Yahoo archive. I personally have never removed any posts from Chris Michalek. I'm not aware of anybody else doing so. There is some discontinuity between the Official Harp-l-archive and the semi official Yahoo harp-l-archive. The vast majority of this discrepancy is due to the space limitations at Yahoo. The Official archive is considered sacrosanct. Try searching on a departing member's personal attack of the listowner, it's still there and it ain't going anywhere.

Finally yes, I did answer the original query off list but only because I tend to keep a pretty low list profile these days. fjm harp-l-listowner