From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of fjm
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 7:23 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci and New Blood Live At Mexicali Blues

I'd like to thank David Barfield for recording this show on 11/11/04.
Gary Hodgson for transferring it and Ben Nathanson for sending me a
copy.  Some of the more intrigiuing harmonica playing I've heard in a
very long time.  It was nice to hear Jason being mortal, struggling with
some of the same issues I struggle with.  That of course did not last
long at all.  Turkish Coffee was stunning in the cohesiveness of the
band.  Golly gosh, what a rhythm section.  I really enjoyed the ideas
Jason was getting at in Reverse Technology.  This recording is available
download or sharing without cost.
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=19981

Try it you'll like it.  Best hard edged stuff I've listened to in a very
long time, thought provoking.  It's got me thinking differently about
the instrument and I realised an almost immediate improvement in my
playing simply because of listening to this band.  I generally do not
listen to harmonica unless it's homework.  (hah) I put this one on and
listened to all 3 cd's in a row.  fjm