RE: [Harp-L] breaking in marine bands

> My understanding is that everyone accepts that reeds
> become more playable and responsive after a break in
> period. Some folks simply dispute the argument that
> slowly breaking in reeds can prolong their life span.

Thanks, that would explain my confusion.
I was under the impression that people said that it didn't help
playability.
I have no opinion on the effect on lifespan.
I don't keep track of my reedplates so I can't tell how old they are
exactly and how much they have been played.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
http://www.overblow.com