Re: [Harp-L] Significant others and harp

Guess I am one of the fortunate ones. My husband sometimes even asks me to play, Other times he whistles along ( he has a perfect pitch, spot on whistle). Sort of a cool duet. However, at home I don't use an amp and I mainly play Irish, Scottish, Old-Time and gospel, so that may make a difference. Also, If I am working on a new tune and playing bits over and over, I do it when he is out or I shut myself in a room and use earphones so he can listen to his music ( classical and old rock).I also make sure to spend time with him (outside activities, sports , ETC! ( the etc. is REALLY big). We have been married 36 years (tomorrow) and I have been involved with music (different instruments) the whole time so we have had a while to work things out. We do OK most times. Steve, I keep my harps in the dining room.

Barbara
"Too many people die with their music still inside - Let it out!"
Strath an De' Farm
http://www.strathande.com
Coast to Coast Music
http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/goto?pg=http:// coast2coastmusic.com/index.shtml&mv_pv=AFL3356