Re: [Harp-L] Possible extinction of Chromatic

I believe in the "Nike Solution" for harmonica

"Just play it"

;-)

About musical instrument extinction, can anyone say just one
instrument that absolutely no one in the world is not playing anymore?
Ok, so I don't believe harmonica will disappear either.

The only way I know to make an instrument live forever is to add it
into the orchestra set of instruments. Who's playing oboe? Anyway, all
music universities still have oboes because it's part of the
orchestra... How to add an instrument into the orchestra set?
Composing.

Villa-Lobos composed for harmonica, I think. This is a solid way to
preserve the instrument, I believe. Chromatic is a very nice
instrument. Cheap (comparing to other instruments), powerful,
beautiful to listen to.

"Just play it" ;-)

[]

Kenji