[Harp-L] LD Miller info. & thanks and request for song suggestions

Tom Stryker asked me to post to you all on behalf of LD Miller, the "12
year old Harp Monster on AGT".  He's a long time member of the site, but
isn't allowed by NBC to post to any public forums right now.    He is
trying to route his way back from the Aug. 16 finale and 17 results show
on America's Got Talent to make it to the last day of SPAH, but the
convention dates are in the hands of NBC PR right now.

I've been blessed to be college and performing arts agent and interim
manager for Clayton Miller Blues Band (LD Miller) for the past 4 1/2
years and they have become family to me.  They are a lovely family and
are so supportive of all Artists and especially harmonica players
everywhere.  The family grew up on the blues around the campfire and
have blessed to be out there on the road making music for the past 4
years.  Whatever fellow harmonica players think of LD's style and skill
at this age, he has certainly brought a tremendous amount of mainstream
attention to the instrument thru his exposure in recent years and would
love to continue to bring more attention to the instrument, while he
grows as a musician.   I'm not sure if you guys saw the TV Guide piece
last week, but it was a 3 page spread calling 2006 the Summer of the
Harmonica.

I can respond personally to a couple of the questions I've gotten in
recent weeks from fellow harmonica players particularly.  I know that
the 90 second time allowance for America's Got Talent is very
restrictive and the pressure to appeal to a mass audience has meant
sticking to the fast stuff so far.  I don't know, but believe that for
the finals on Aug. 16, they'll be trying to show off LD's ability to
slow down and show his feel for the blues as well as his voice.  For an
example of that, his appearance with Joe Bonamassa is up on youtube.com,
but he is constantly learning from the pros and absorbs every critique
and tries to learn from it.  While LD knows the Popper-style licks
appeal to a mass audience, I believe his bigger influences growing up
were Junior Wells and Sonny Boy...I know there are other classics he's
mentioned that escape me right now.  I apologize for being a non-harp
player here, but Tom thought you all would like to hear from the LD
camp.

So, If anyone has any suggestions that fit in the 90 seconds allowable,
LD and his family would welcome it.  They have about 2 days to submit
their final song choices for TV clearance, so please feel free to
respond here...he'll be reading.

SO THE BIG TOUGH QUESTION:  If you had only 90 seconds to show off range
and variety as well as a little vocals on the #1 show in America right
now, what song would you choose?
Thanks.  Nancy O.