RE: [Harp-L] LD Miller info. & thanks and request for song suggestions

Thanks for the information on LD. I'd be careful about changing things
"too" much for the finals, it might just throw the judges/audience off.
They already like him for what he's doing, so be careful about change.
If he comes out with too slow of a number, they might be disappointed.
You know how audiences can be. It would be taking a "big" chance.
Everyone will have friends, etc tuning in telling them "you have to hear
this kid kick ass" and they'll be expecting more of the same.

I'd go with something dynamic and recognizable to the audience - you can
put harmonica in anything, especially the way he plays, but something
like the Stones "Miss You" with the signature harp riff through it would
be good. Just make sure he doesn't "overplay". Of course, I'd love to
hear some Little Walter as I'm sure many on this list would, but he has
to go with what will bring votes and help him to win. Ok, well maybe
something that was popularized and dynamic like Blue and Lonesome, or
the Elmore James/Sonny Boy II (allman brothers) One Way Out. But I'd
stick with Miss You. It's catchy/dynamic and folks know it. Oh, and
don't let him sing! It didn't go well before and he was warned not to
again by the judges.

Good luck, I don't watch the show but I caught his clips on the web site
to hear him, I'll try to remember to tune in that night and send him a
vote. I hope someone makes an announcement at Spah and everyone texts or
calls in a vote.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA