Re: [Harp-L] chromatic questions

Brothers & Sisters of Harp, (whatever version...)

If you read - http://www.hohner.eu/index.php?423 you will see the changes to the Super 270/48 to the Deluxe 270/48.
While you're at it look at the differences between the Marine Band and the Marine Band Deluxe. For anybody who ever squawked about square holes, nails or Hohner not willing to change...raspberries (Phfffft!)!

Comb replacement is as much a fact of life as changing fan belts in your automobile. There are those that last for the life of the car and those that wear out at 15,000 kilometres. Contact Hohner and order a replacement comb. They're not expensive. (And for those of us with claws for hands and/or handle a tool like a club consider sending your harp to Hohner for the replacement. Hmm?)

For all the proponents of custom chromatic work there ARE hybrid, plastic, ABS, and "lucite forever" combs from Bill Romel - http://home.earthlink.net/~romel/ and other customizers.

Here are a few references:

http://home.earthlink.net/~romel/

http://www.spah.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=9739

http://www.cbel.com/harmonica_instruments/

http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/

http://www.harmonicarepair.com/

http://www.slidemeister.com/

So you can go "stock", "modified" or "custom". (This sounds like working with cars, eh?)

Whatever your options please keep the rest of us on Harp-L, Harp Talk, Slidemeister and from your club newsletters informed of your progress. We're all interested!

Be Blues,

Suave Blues Man

----- Original Message ----- From: "fjm" <mktspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>