Re: [Harp-L] Lowering a Harp - advice

 If you opt for removing material from the rivet end I would recommend you shave material from the sides of the reed toward the rivet end. This should help maintain the integrity of the reed somewhat better than taking metal from the middle. If you should decide to add solder to the end ,keep in mind what you're working with and don't over-do or you'll be filing off material til doomsday. Good luck,

-----Original Message-----
From: Henderson, Peter <Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:45:55 -0400
Subject: [Harp-L] Lowering a Harp - advice

"Matt Smart" <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote...

I am about to attempt to lower a Low D to a Low C and have tuned
harps, but have never done this. Any advice on lowing the harp...where
to tune on the reed, tools etc.?

--
Matt, I have a couple low C harps that Richard Sleigh built for me.
What he did was add solder to the tips of all the reeds and then fine

Trip Henderson ~ NYC