Re: [Harp-L] Re: What about a repertoire for the Melody Maker

fjm wrote:
> The Melody Maker tuning is my least favourite of the
> alternate tunings.

When I started playing a lot of jazz standards I started using the
Melody Maker tuning more and more.  I now have a full set of them,
and I use them on tunes like "When I Fall in Love" and "Fly Me To
the Moon".  I also use them in 5th position sometimes for minor
keyed pieces like "The Shadow of Your Smile".

I play Paddy Richter normally, so on tunes like "Georgia" on a
Melody Maker it's easy enough to remember to flat the 7th most of
the time except when you need the major 7th.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/