Re: [Harp-L] harp-l vol VI cd

Thank you Fred for your post.  I definitely enjoyed compiling the V and VI editions of the Harp-L compilations.  It is unfortunate that the producer to follow me did not deliver a compilation.  There is much more work involved than people realize!  I might be able to be talked into doing another compilation.  However, it would have to be a web-based compilation.  For that matter, perhaps submissions should be required only via the internet.  Perhaps there could be a sort of revolving area of the harp-l internet website that posts tracks for list members to download a week or two at a time.

VF

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred & Sylvia <fsstov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:57:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] harp-l vol VI cd

owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx wrote

"I just got a request for a copy of VI, does anyone out there have a copy
they'd be willing to burn and send to someone?  I can't remember if VI was
the last actual volume that got out or if the ill fated Scorcher
compilation was VI..... "
No, Harp-L VI "2001: A Harp Odyssey" was put out in, well I guess 2001,
following the wildly popular Harp-L V "Take it from the V", and I believe 4
tape compilations before that.  The tape compilations were at one time
available on CD in MP3 format.  Harp-L VI is a 2-CD set with cuts from many
list luminaries.  It was produced and mastered by Van Fischer (as was Harp-L
V), who is not Scooter.  Van did a great job following through and
delivering on these two projects.   Perhaps we can put these up on a site as
mp3's, but I'd be leery of rights fee issues.

Fred S