[Harp-L] Jason Ricci At Sweet Caroline's in Winchester, VA

Just saw Mr. Ricci at Sweet Caroline's.

  http://www.millertek.net/sweetcarolines/

  WOW!

  In the future (if not now) he will be a standard that harp players will measure themselves against (in a manner similar to Little Walter, Big Walter, etc.).

  He did a wireless crowd walk and stood right in front of me for nearly a minute.  Sweat was dripping from his brow, through his upper eye lashes and onto his lower eyelashes creating nearly a sheet of sweat over his open eyes.  All the while creating one new thought after another.   Simply masterful.  Emotionally and technically, he left no stone unturned.  He bent the harmonica to his will (pun intended).

  Those of you who like his live show will find a similar philosophy in the DVD,
  The World According to John Coltrane.

  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006672L/qid=1146989418/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-2091231-0371168?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

  (Mr. Ricci, if you haven't seen this, you should.  You'll find a kindred spirit here.  Maybe a different style and approach, but the spirit is the same.  Thanks for a great show!)

  In summary, the show was THE BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY--well-worth 3 hours on the road and cover charge.  I'll definitely catch him again and I recommend that all Harp-Lers do the same.

  Feel free to quote me.

  Will Vogtman

http://www.channelcatsbluesband.20m.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/willvogtman
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=CDB0693830012

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.