Re: [Harp-L] intonation

Another resource for people not so faint of heart, http://www.justintonation.net/

Mainly for the Just Intonation Primer. Order it, read it and read it again and again and again. About the 5th time through it will start to make sense. I think the primer is all of $12 plus shipping (free with membership in the just intonation network) and no it's not available as a download. Luddites, god bless 'em. You can read the first chapter online or download the first chapter and the table of contents as a pdf file.

Regarding the advice to just search the archives true but it's a lot more useful to point someone in the right direction. The nature of a long lived internet is serial. We will repeat ourselves. Yes the search function is great and very useful but I like that thing Bobbie does where she actually points you at something useful in the archive to get you going. Winslow's links to a reprisal of something he's said before also a great technique. Thanks Mr. Ross for sending folks to the single most useful discussion of JI as it applies to harmonica, Pat's site. He had a great post on this subject, just search the archive to find it. Try Pat Missin and just intonation as search terms. Just kidding, http://harp-l.org/pipermail/harp-l/2003-August/msg00234.html best thing I've ever seen written on this subject. It's all here and it's wonderfully written. Pat Missin at his best. fjm