Re: [Harp-L] capturing and holding audiences/FRONTMAN/SIDEMAN

Yes for sure. And the last song of each set should have them wanting more.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
www.texastide.com

There are a lot of ways to do this, I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but some of the best shows I see start easy and ramp up intensity towards the breaks(s). The finale is the cressendo. I've seen some artist where they kind of break up the intensity up, down, up down, you kind of lose interest. Altough the music may be excellent the show is overall just good.

So I think choice of material is very important and the sequence is paramount. I don't think it necessarely has to go up linearly but it should be generally going up. Again this probably depends on the style of music. Note that its not only speed of tunes, its building interest.

Pierre.