[Harp-L] Smoke-filled rooms?

Hi,
        This is my first post to this list.  I live
in Tokyo and have done so for the past 31 years.
I recently started to play harp in clubs at night
(I teach college in the day) but had to give it
up because of the cigarette smoke.  It started to
hurt my lungs---I'm a non-smoker, of course.
        I just wonder if harp players in the US feel the same way?  Does the smoke get to you?  Is
there smoke?  Are there non-smoking venues
in most places for blues in the US?  As I say, I
haven't lived in the states since Carter was President, so I have no idea.

Thanks,

Jeff Jones
Tokyo