Re: [Harp-L] Hohner reeds

Steve Baker writes:

The realities of commercial harmonica manufacture are sometimes difficult to convey to the outsider

but I'm happy to give it a try if members are interested.

Utterly fascinated is how I'd describe my interest level in this subject area. I'd like to add the the Harp Handbook which Steve wrote completely and utterly changed my harmonica playing world. It is still by far the best harmonica reference I've ever read. Finally the SBS tuning is one which I use at every gig. I can't remember the last time I used a regular F harmonica. A really great idea that was an answer to a question I was asking. I've previously enjoyed Rick Epping's contributions to this forum and I'm currently enjoying Steve Baker's input here. Having access to these kinds of resources is the redemption of harp-l. fjm